Extra Curricular: Consilium Opportunities for Experiences Charter
We will aspire to provide the following opportunities as an entitlement during their time in one of our academies, to develop their social capital. These are Consilium’s ten opportunities:
- A cultural event (a Shakespeare play, a classical concert/opera, visit a major art gallery)
- A major sporting event.
- An educational residential visit (national or international)
- An outdoor education experience that is challenging. (there needs to be an adrenaline rush)
- An opportunity to play a musical instrument.
- Providing a reference or literature book as a memento/token of their time at the academy. This will have the academy and trust logo on the inside cover.
- An opportunity to spend time with students with a different cultural background.
- Supporting a charitable activity.
- A visit to a regional university.
- An opportunity to be involved in voluntary/community event that could be externally accredited e.g. Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Providing appropriate experiences impacts more strongly on social mobility than raw outcomes.