In a multi-academy trust (MAT), a single trust is responsible for a number of academies. The MAT consists of the members and the trustees.
The members are akin to the shareholders of a company. They have ultimate control over the academy trust, with the ability to appoint some of the trustees and the right to amend the trust's articles of association.
The members are:
- Sue Beeley (appointed 1 Feb 2015)
- Michael Seeds (appointed 1 Feb 2015)
- Mark Tweedle (appointed 1 Feb 2015)
The trustees are responsible for the three core governance functions performed by the governing body in a maintained school; setting the direction, holding the headteacher to account and ensuring financial probity. As charity trustees, they must also ensure that they are complying with charity law requirements. Academy trusts are charitable companies and the trustees are company directors and must comply with company law requirements.
The Trustees are:
- Alan Biggin (term from 1 Feb 2015 to 31 Jan 2018)
- Liz Cresswell (term from 1 Feb to 31 Jan 2018)
- Keith Darch Chair (term from 1 Feb to 31 Jan 2018)
- Elodia Eccles (term from 1 Feb 2015 stepped down 30 Sept 2016)
- Paul Woodmancy Vice Chair (term from 1 Dec 2015 to 31 Nov 2019)
- Joan Pennington (term from 1 Jun 2015 to 31 Jul 2019)
- Mark Tweedle (term from 1 Feb 2015 stepped down 30 Jun 2016)
Individuals who sit on local governing bodies (LGB's) are referred to as 'local governors'. Trustees have complete discretion over what is delegated to each LGB.
The details of what has been delegated to the LGB is within the scheme of delegation for each LGB.
The local governors are:
- Mrs Nicola Anderson
- Miss Michelle Duval
- Mr James Inman
- Mrs Sharon Richardson
- Mr Ben Rockliffe Chair
- Mrs Anna Simmons
- Mr Gareth Thompson Vice Chair
- Mrs Mel Whittingham
- Mrs Helen Cooper
- Mrs Trish Vesty